Sarah Gordon's Homepage
I finally got tired of my old webpage and thought I would toss up some new content. As you may have noticed, I have opted to keep the low-budget appearance of the old page. I don't really plan to do much with this page, except maybe put some pictures and share some news.
- January, 2012: I'm still in London and no longer update this
page. You can follow updates of me at Google+.
- January, 2010: I'm still in London at the start of the new
decade. I haven't been updating this page very much, but
if you know me, you can send me a friend request on facebook and see in more detail what I've been up to recently.
- January, 2009: Still in London, still liking it. =)
- January, 2008: All is well in London, and I'm liking it quite a
bit here. Here is my take on the best music and film of 2007.
- August, 2007: I left my job at Sun after a wonderful 4 years
there. I accepted a job at Google UK in London. I'll be living and working near Victoria station.
- January, 2007: I took a break from producing my TV show at the end of August 2006. My goal for 2007 is to find a job abroad. Oh, and here are my thoughts on the best music and film of 2006.
- January, 2006: Same as it ever was! Here are my thoughts on the best music and film of 2005.
- January, 2005: Not much new to report. The TV show is still keeping me busy. Here are some things I enjoyed in 2004.
- July, 2004: I finished the first episode of my TV show, Finger On The Pulse, which covers the bay area's music scene. I plan to make it a monthly series.
- June, 2004: A full year has passed and I'm still at Sun working on the same storage project. I've been getting more involved in the San Francisco Public Access TV Station by volunteering as a crew member on shows.
- June, 2003: Scale8 went out of business at the end of May, so I am presently unemployed, which isn't so bad because I get to play around with audio and video stuff. Here is a recent animated short I made called Arms. It is a 650K RealPlayer file. The latest RealPlayer might be required to view it. On June 23rd, I returned to Sun Microsystems to work on a storage-related project out of their San Francisco office.
- February, 2003: I joined Scale Eight, a San Francisco based storage company, and I'm taking an excellent audio production class at San Francisco City College.
- December, 2002: I left my job at Sun, and I'm taking time off while I figure out what I want to do.
- August, 2002: Burlingame was great, but why live close to San Francisco when you can live in San Francisco? I moved to Potrero Hill (east of the Mission, south of SOMA) and am enjoying city life so far. Caltrain is my friend.
- May, 2002: I moved into a house in Burlingame and started working in the Solaris kernel group at Sun Microsystems.
- April 8, 2002: I got a short term sublet in the Parkside district in San Francisco. Sure, it is a bit far out of the main downtown area, but everybody loves taking the L Muni to the end of the line, no?
- February 28, 2002: I returned from Europe and am currently in the Los Angeles area while I figure out what I am going to do next. If you have any ideas, let me know!
- September 4, 2001: I flew to Warsaw, Poland to start my 6 month European backpacking trip. It was a truly wonderful experience.
- July 31, 2001: I took a leave of absence from my job at Sun Microsystems to travel.
I've been posting recent photos on facebook. The facebook links tend to
expire below, but if you know me, you can send me a friend request on
facebook and see more recent photos.
- June 2009: Prague.
- April 2009: Scotland Part 1 and Scotland Part 2
- March 2009: Copenhagen
- February/March 2009: Bristol and Bath
- February 2009: Snow in London!
- December 2008 - January 2009: US Trip to LA and SF.
- December 2008: Amsterdam.
- September 2008: Cambridge.
- August 2008: Edinburgh and York
- August 2008: Polish Cooking
- July 2008: US Trip
- April 2008: Solden, Austria.
- March 2008: Judy and Maya visited London.
- February 2008: London
and Oxford photos during John and Andrew's visit.
- January 2008: Visiting Ange in Paris.
- October - December 2007: Some photos from Jerome's visit to London and some miscellaneous photos from London, including a bunch from my neighborhood.
- September 2007: I returned to California to attend training in Mountain View and got to visit with my famiily and friends.
- Summer 2007: Lots of changes! Here are pictures from seeing folks before leaving California and pictures of my residences in London.
- May 31, 2007: Maggie's surprise SF visit
- May 25-28, 2007: Los Angeles Family Reunion
- December 2006: I celebrated my birthday with some friends over Indian food at Pakwan. Did someone say "mango lassi"?
- November 2006: Buenos Aires!
- July 2006: Mexico City!
- June 2006: John and I posed for shots at the cool vintage photo booth at Rayko Photo Center.
- May 2006: Gordon Family Reunion in Los Angeles
- January 14, 2006: Wei, Yiyu, Mike, and I made sushi and went dancing at Ruby Skye.
- Oct 29, 2005:A picture to commemorate my first BANG. I think we look pretty good in our silly hats.
- May 7, 2005: Mike Goff and I experimented with his photo studio setup. Here are some photos he took of me from that shoot.
- March 23, 2005: A bunch of us celebrated Josh and Jennie's
engagement party. There are some good shots of Josh
and me; Daria
and me; Mike
and me; and Mike,
me, and the double piano! You can also check out all of the pictures.
- March 20, 2005: I made a quick trip to LA to share a nice brunch with my family. My sister and I got to spend a bit of time together catching up before I had to head back to SF.
- December 21, 2004: My co-workers and I celebrated the xmas season at Zebulon.
- December 2004: I celebrated my birthday with some friends.
- Halloween, 2004: I went to the Sun Cluster Halloween party and Rob's Halloween party. Here is a picture of Mike and me and a picture of Wei and me. Here is a link to all of Mike's Halloween pictures.
- October 22, 2004: I took a trip to visit my sister in Raleigh. Check out the pictures from our trip to the NC State Fair!
- June 6, 2004: Danek and I went to Harris and Elena's wedding and had a wonderful time. It was held at Eagle's Point, and the view was breathtaking.
- March 18, 2004: My co-workers and I went skiing!
- Feb 13, 2004: Danek and I went to my friend Darren's birthday party, which was a board game party. We played a mean game of Stratego. Danek looks a bit sad in this picture, but only because Darren and I were victorious. =)
- Nov 9, 2003: Danek and I visited Monterey, and we stayed a cute bed and breakfast in Pacific Grove.
- June 8, 2003: Pictures from Mike's BBQ. We didn't even burn the place down!
- April 5, 2003: Danek and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary in Los Angeles. We had a great time hanging out with my dad while there!
- February 22, 2003: Danek and I went to the Gaskell Ball and danced up a storm!
- December 19, 2002: My dad and sister and Danek and I went to Goat Hill Pizza together. Earlier that day, my dad, my sister and I went to Greens for an excellent brunch.
- September 1, 2002: My dad drove up to the bay area, and we took a pleasant drive through the city. I took some photos using his digital camera during the drive and liked this one of a parking meter.
- April 20, 2002: Me at a Victorian ball? Who would've thought? Here are Mike Goff's pictures from the Victorian ball. Yeah, yeah, maybe we will dress up in period attire for next time! Meanwhile, gotta practice my polka skills!
- April 2, 2002: My friend Mike and I played Dance Dance Revolution. He is quite skilled at it. I am not very good at it, but I am wearing cool pants.
- April 1, 2002: My friend Wei and I made wontons!
- March 22, 2002: Brian, Dad, and I went to see a performance about Dmitri Shostakovich that featured the Emerson String Quartet and the Complicite theatre group. Here is a picture of my dad and me and a picture of Brian and me before the show.
- September 4, 2001 - February 28, 2002: Pictures from my trip to Europe. My friend Wei even visited
me while I was in Seville!
- September 1, 2001: Here's a picture of Mike and me hanging out at Club Makeup on the night they were paying tribute to Madonna... When I was about 7 years old, my sister dressed me up like Madonna and took an amazingly cute polaroid of me strutting my stuff...perhaps I will put that up one of these days...
- Sometime in 2001: I am a geek. Want proof? blakej versus sarahg.
- Circa 1999: The dudes at Kristen's wedding.
- June 1994: High school graduation with the six pack.
Send me mail! sarahatfingeronthepulsedotorg